A new examination to assess the immune cell response following infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus and/or vaccination against COVID-19
“Quantiferon in T cells for SARS-CoV-2”
Test code: 3961
Price: EUR 98.00*
In addition to the detection of antibodies that confirm the acquired specific (adaptive) immune response of the body (the production of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 virus), it is possible to detect the response of immune system cells (T-lymphocytes) specifically to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Upon the contact with the antigens of the pathogen, the immune system cells are stimulated to increase the production of interferon gamma (INF-g). Interferon gamma plays a key role in the fight against viruses and micro-organisms. It activates macrophages and stimulates specific cytotoxic immunity. In the process of infection, interferon gamma is produced early – before the antigen-specific adaptive immune response develops. In the first phase of the test, T (CD8+) cells are stimulated for 24 hours with SARS-CoV-2 virus antigens. In the second phase, the amount of interferon gamma (INF-g) produced by them is determined.
Stimulation of T cells in human heparinized whole blood with SARS-CoV-2 peak protein antigens.
ELISA method for the determination of interferon gamma.
Tube labelling, blood storage time, test material
- Labelling – green (Li heparin) tube min.- 4 ml.
- Storage time of the blood: At room temperature (+18 °C to +25 °C) – no longer than for 16 hours.
- Test material – heparinized whole blood.
At present, samples for “Quantiferon in T cells for SARS-CoV-2” test can be submitted from Monday to Thursday in Riga, Brīvības gatve 366.
Negative: < 100 mIU/ml
Threshold value: 100-200 mIU/ml
Positive: > 200 mIU/ml
- For diagnostic purposes – to confirm the cell-mediated immune response after a previous infection (disease). Especially, where no conclusive antibody response is present, or where antibodies are not detectable at all.
- To evaluate immunisation status after vaccination, especially in patients with a reduced immune response or who are immunocompromised.**
- For research purposes.
* – the price has been indicated excluding sampling costs.
** – The use of the test may be limited by severe immunosuppression after chemotherapy or after altered lymphocyte counts / activity.